As a leader, you have to master yourself first before you even think about scaling. Your business growth is 100% a reflection of how much you’re willing to grow individually. That’s why investing in mentorship is so important in helping you accelerate to newer heights, both personally and professionally.
In today’s conversation, we’re joined by Kareen Walsh, a startup advisor and investor, serial entrepreneur, executive coach, author, and healer. Kareen is the CEO and founder of a seven-figure boutique consulting and coaching company, and she has 17 years of entrepreneurial and executive experience.
Here are some power takeaways from today’s conversation:
- Her experience joining Tony Robbins’ Unleash the Power Within
- Why invest in mentorship as a leader
- What to look for in mastermind groups
- How to leverage the room you’re in
- Learning strategies to help you scale
[10:23] Why Invest in Mentorship
When you stop growing personally then your business will also stop growing. It’s a reflection of you as a leader of that business. Investing in advisory, mentorship, and getting into rooms of mastermind groups helps you accelerate. It allows you to grow together and learn from someone who has gone before you.
[14:04] What to Look For in Mastermind Groups
- The facilitator – Whether you’re trying to grow your business or yourself personally, the facilitator has to be someone who has gone before you or has achieved that in some way, shape, or form. At a minimum, you’re going to learn something from that person because they’ve achieved what you’re looking to achieve.
- Who they attract – Check the kind of people the mastermind is trying to attract. Once you understand who they’re attracting, you can assess if you want to know those people too. Make sure they’re also aligned with the kind of community you want to be part of. If they are not qualifying you to be in the room, then their qualification process is a little weak. They are not clear about who they’re trying to attract and they’re only in it for the money.
- Results – What are the results of the meetings and has it been consistent? Qualify what they’ve done, who they’ve advised, and how they advise them in your field of business.
[22:59] The Power of Leverage
Leverage the room you’re in. A lot of people pay to be in these rooms just to have access to the name but they’re not doing any of the connected work to get the value back. When you’re investing, look for the return on that investment. Think about the value of your investment, instead of how much it cost you to invest. It’s a shift in the energy that flows back to you when you talk about your own money.
If you’ve been dreaming of writing a nonfiction book but don’t know where to begin, check out www.activateauthor.com and learn how you can complete a book manuscript in only 90 days.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download